COURTESY POSTING POLICY
Almost Home occasionally receives requests to do courtesy postings on our website. Before asking us to courtesy-post, please read the following information.
- Unless specifically stated to the contrary, Almost Home will not have evaluated, met, or interacted with these dogs.
- Almost Home cannot attest to the temperament, health, or suitability of these dogs.
- Almost Home recommends that anyone interested in adopting one of these dogs discuss the dog’s temperament with its current owner and/or obtain a professional temperament evaluation of the dog.
- Almost Home assumes no liability, financial, or legal responsibility for said animals.
- Almost Home will not courtesy post litters of puppies.
- Courtesy postings will remain on the website for 6 months after which they will be removed unless notified sooner regarding a change in status, i.e. adoption or no longer available.
Requirements For Courtesy Posting
Almost Home may agree to courtesy-post your animal if the following requirements are met:
- The owner must provide a valid contact email and phone number.
- All animals must be spayed or neutered.
- The owner agrees to assume the responsibility of screening applicants.
Almost Home Needs The Following Information To Post Your Animal
The following information should be emailed to our webmaster at: email@example.com
- Dog’s location – town or city, state
- Brief description of the dog to include information such as:
Information indicating whether the dog has ever bitten a human or other animal, the result if yes, and whether the dog has ever been deemed a dangerous dog.
A brief explanation of the reason you need to find the dog a new home.
Name and phone number of pet's veterinarian.
The contact information (phone number and/or email address) you would like to see advertised in the posting.
Digital photo(s) of your dog...up to 4. The better the photo, the better your chances of finding a home for you animal.
- Gender (male or female)
- Age (young, adult or senior)
- Date of Birth: (if known)
- Primary Breed (indicate mixed if applicable)
- Secondary Breed (if applicable)
- Adult Size (small, medium, large or extra large)
- Coat length (short, medium, long or wire)
- Housebreaking status (yes or no)
- Personality traits
- Walks well on a leash (yes or no)
- Dog friendly (yes, no or unknown)
- Cat friendly (yes, no or unknown)
- Kid friendly (yes, no or unknown)
- Altered (spayed/neutered?
- Current on Vaccinations?